A baked dessert made up of two layers, the bottom of soft fruit for example apple, blackberries,
apricots, peaches, plums or also rhubarb (even if it is a veg) and on the top a crunchy crumble!
The most classic and the best in my opinion is the Apple Crumble. Once the crumble is out of the
oven it is served hot with fresh cream, ice cream or homemade custard! Delicious!
The crumble served at Tiffs is upside down in that the crumble is at the bottom, freash bluberries
on the top, finished with our lovely homemade caramel sauce and fresh cream!
Here is my special recepie for a “Betty” crumble :
- 4 apples peeled, cored and cubed and half cooked, added to the base of a buttered ovendish
- crumble mix :
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 50g porridge oats
- 75g flaked almonds or pistachios
- 50g cane or coconut sugar
- 75g melted butter
- mix everything well and lightly press on top of the fruit
- bake 180 C for 20-30 minutes until golden
April 02, 2020
February 18, 2020
January 17, 2020